Pain Support ACT (PSACT) has supported Canberra region people with chronic pain through support, information and advocacy for many years.
This work is now continuing under Arthritis ACT which now embraces people with pain of any kind. Under Arthritis ACT, you will be able to access activities similar to those conducted by PSACT as well as a large suite of relevant programs offered by Arthritis ACT. These programs are now catering for people with pain of any kind, not just musculoskeletal pain.
For membership and renewal enquiries, call 62512055.
The mission of Pain Support ACT has been to promote the well-being and health of people living with chronic or persistent pain, their families and carers, in the ACT and region.
The vision of Pain Support ACT has been a society where all people with persistent or chronic pain are treated with respect and have timely access to high quality, evidence-based services and community support to help them to improve their health and well-being.
The following values have guided Pain Support ACT in its work:
• respect, recognition and support for people with pain, their carers and family;
• listening, learning and acknowledging the experience of people with pain;
• the importance of evidence-based practice in pain management;
• the importance of positivity and empowerment for people with pain;
• the value of education in enabling people to self-manage their situation;
• recognition of successes when people no longer need our support;
• the value of PSACT as a community support, not a medical support;
• the importance of advocacy and collaboration with others in the community; and
• accountability and responsiveness in our operation.